Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter invoice amount for an 1120-S

poolcleaner
Level 9

Frustration is too mild a word!! Time to finish a group of S corporation returns and after spending over an hour on this, I still cannot find anywhere to enter the invoice amount including Global Options and Client Specific Options  You can't even do an override on the actual invoice. This is not a problem on any forms except for 1120-S and for Form 1065.  

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

1120Sbilling.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

20 Comments 20
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you can't figure out a billing, isn't the return free?

Sorry, I don't use the software for billings but I was curious.  I clicked on "client billing" from the menu bar, clicked on flat fee description and entered an amount.  Then I went to tools and selected billing and got an invoice to print.  

Maybe your computer just likes to have Sundays off.😁

Slava Ukraini!
poolcleaner
Level 9

That is the problem!  There is no option to pick Client Billing for 1065 and 1120-S.  I went back to prior years to see if there where it was to verify the location and it was in the correct place in prior years.  The computer can have Sundays off as long as I get Sundays off.  Thanks for the try!  I had a big issue on the April deadline where it wouldn't let me file extensions for trusts and C corps.  I gave up and tried to duplicate the problem.  Your old advice helped......reboot the computer.  I'm off to try that.

poolcleaner
Level 9

Cold boot did not solve the problem.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Try going to your start menu, select ProSeries 2022 and select "repair updates" to see if that helps.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Or type one up in Word or Excel.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

1120Sbilling.png

poolcleaner
Level 9

Client Billing is not in Forms in Use! Thank you!.

poolcleaner
Level 9

Susan, that may be the only possible answer.  I have tried every logical thing around.

PATAX
Level 15

@poolcleaner is there an icon at the top that says client billing. That's what I use. I just did one for a partnership about a week ago and had no problem. 

poolcleaner
Level 9

That didn't work either.  Iquit for the day.  Thanks to all for the excellent suggestions.

PATAX
Level 15

Don't give up yet cement Pond cleaner. If you can't get it to work then what Susan said is logical or you can just include the amount in the letter to the client with the instructions. I don't think many of them look at the invoices anyways.

rbynaker
Level 13

I don't have a solution but I have some duct tape.  Can you go into last year, change the invoice amount, print it and get through your weekend?

abctax55
Level 15

Absolutely no clue (since I'm a Lacertian) but it sure is good to see you posting, Jane.

How are the pool boys doing, my dear?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its not under the Forms In Use heading, scroll down under the General Info sub heading 

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Intuit did a great job of hiding it…. Lisa’s screenshot will get you there…. 

Jane, good to see you… how’s Tx?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
poolcleaner
Level 9

Thank you, Lisa.  That worked!

poolcleaner
Level 9

The pool boys are very tired of our Texas heat this summer.  Today is the first day in forever that it didn't go over 100 degrees.

poolcleaner
Level 9

Thank you for that, Bruce.  Hope you both are doing beautifully.  

poolcleaner
Level 9

Last night I received an email from a Former All Star suggesting that I open the tool bar on the left of the screen.  I did and that worked!

poolcleaner
Level 9

I thought about that, Rick.  I had even tried doing an override in History. One of the few duct tape failures!