Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i enlarge the HomeBase View header bar?

david3
Level 7

The HomeBase toolbar in my prior year program is very small. How do I increase the size of the toolbar icons and the section that shows HomeBase View, Most Common Support Questions, and Ask ProSeries or Search Help?

I can't find any instructions on how to fix this.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is no setting in ProSeries itself, it will be something in your Windows display or monitor resolution that needs to be changed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

Lisa, thanks for getting back to me on my question.

The HomeBase toolbar and header are a normal readable size in other years' ProSeries programs. I am working on a 2017 tax return and the 2017 ProSeries HomeBase header is very small and unreadable. Also, the forms listed in the forms in use section is very small.

I don't recall this being a problem before in my 2017 program. The 2018 program is fine.  I use multiple monitors and it doesn't matter which monitor I use the 2017 program and 2018 program on. The size of the toolbar is the same. So it can't be a monitor setting.

Thanks for your help.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

In your Windows display options (right click on an empty Desktop area and choose Display), is everything set to Recommended, or have you customized the settings?  If you have things customized, that could be the reason, but if its only 2017 that shows oddly, and the more current years all display properly, you may just want to leave things alone.

In the back of my brain I feel like I remember something about high resolution causing issues last season...I keep all my displays set to the recommended default settings and havent had any issues, but Ive seen others have a similar experience to yours.

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

Yes, all the monitors are set on the recommended settings.

This is strange as I don't remember this being an issue earlier in the year.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw someone earlier mention that all the file names in their year to year transfer window were tiny (I cant remember which tax year they were referring to though), I know people were complaining about that last season too, but I cant remember what the resolution was for it. 

Maybe something about 4K video resolution or DPI font scaling...geez, it was too long ago, I cant seem to find it in my mental rolodex, sorry.

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

Oh well. Thanks for helping.

Hopefully, I won't have too many 2017 tax returns to prepare in the future.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
david3
Level 7

Thanks, Lisa. Is there a link that addresses ProSeries Professional?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not that I could find, sorry.

@IntuitAustin  @IntuitBettyJo   I know Ive seen this issue in the past, looks like the old posts from the previous forum are gone, I dont even get any google hits.   Can either of you dig up anything about this for PS Pro?

0 Cheers
Waldo
Level 1

At the display setting, change the display resolution. That's the solution. You'll have to do this everytime before you log into the 2017. Step down the resolution to 2048 x 1152. Apply it and then start the program. The icons on the header bar will go back to normal size. 

Nat Hussey
Level 3

This suggestion worked for one display problem, which is the header being tiny and update dialog boxes being too small to navigate. Thank you!

0 Cheers