Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4684

beylal
Level 2

I have ProSeries Basic.  Why does answer 4e on the Form 4684 worksheet not generate the $500 deduction on line 11 of Form 4684, page 1?  According the the FEMA representative, ours would be a "qualified disaster loss."

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

This form is effected by the tax extender and disaster act of 2019, so I don't think it is ready for filing yet

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Seems like it takes an extra long time for ProSeries to update the 4684 for these federal disaster areas, that being said, I have no clue what to tell you for an ETA on this.  Can you clarify which disaster youre referring to,  maybe someone can find some info for you.

@IntuitAustin 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
beylal
Level 2

It is South Dakota DR-4469.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

This form is effected by the tax extender and disaster act of 2019, so I don't think it is ready for filing yet

mappp
Level 4

This form is available on the IRS website in a fillable version.  Currently shows a 3/4 release date on ProSeries Professional.  Absolutely not an acceptable date as farmers who did not make estimated payments must file by 3/1 to avoid penalties.  My client is a farmer who had dairy cows die during 2020.  Does anyone know if IRS will waive penalties if their form is available and Intuit hasn't updated it.in time?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

they died in a federally declared disaster?

wouldnt they just be a business loss?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers