Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For some reason, when a page is displayed, I can't use the mouse wheel to scroll up or down. Is there a setting to enable this feature?

57handyman
Level 1

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

That link suggests that the problem is caused by also having a Steam game open.  Which makes me wonder why @Jim-from-Ohio knows about it.  

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

never hear of steam.. just found that link, trying to help out.   before doing any of that I would suggest restarting the computer.. can fix a multitude of problems. 

George4Tacks
Level 15

Change to Lacerte, then this site has a solution https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/system-responses/unable-scroll-mouse-wheel...

I also found the age old solution. Shut down your computer. Restart your computer. VOILA! She rolls and scrolls!

If cordless - try new batteries. 

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!
BobKamman
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio Steam is a video game digital distribution service and storefront managed by Valve. It was launched as a software client in September 2003 to provide game updates automatically for Valve's games and expanded to distributing third-party titles in late 2005. Steam offers various features, like game server matchmaking with Valve Anti-Cheat measures, social networking, and game streaming services. Steam client's functions include game update automation, cloud storage for game progress, and community features such as direct messaging, in-game overlay functions and a virtual collectable marketplace.

Valve Corporation, also known as Valve Software, is an American video game developer, publisher, and digital distribution company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. It is the developer of the software distribution platform Steam and the game franchises Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Portal, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead and Dota.

Today's kids recognize these names.  Tomorrow's adults will have the computer skills to be using TurboTax.  Know your enemy (although you have figured out how to profit from TT, also).  

0 Cheers