Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening up Pro Series Basic 2021

mikesa
Level 1

My computer did a unexpected reboot and now I cannot sign-in to Pro Series Basic 2021 receive an error message regarding Microsoft .NET Framework file then it closes without opening the program

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
jkapich
Level 1

What error message did you get? Could you post it verbatim?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
that unexpected reboot was probably part of a Windows update, Id see if Windows still has more updates to install.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mikesa
Level 1

the Error Message:

ProSeries has detected an issue with a Microsoft . NET Framework file that will prevent ProSeries from running properly. Please follow the instructions in the link below to correct the issue. If the problem persists, restart Pro Series.

The link points to Intuit home page ... 

0 Cheers
mikesa
Level 1

I tried the steps still receiving the error

0 Cheers
mikesa
Level 1

Yes, everything is up to date...

0 Cheers
jkapich
Level 1

Please try renaming the user.config file. 

1. Locate your Intuit,_Inc file by going to  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Intuit,_Inc

"username" should be your username for your computer.

2. Locate the correct folder in here. It should be named Protax21.exe_ with random symbols at the end.     You may have 2 of them, one for Basic and one for Core. 

3. In each of the above folders locate the 0.0.0.0 folder. Change or delete the user.config file

0 Cheers
jkapich
Level 1

Did the above post help?

0 Cheers
iwork4me24
Level 1

can't open peo series

0 Cheers
iwork4me24
Level 1

That's my problem

0 Cheers
iwork4me24
Level 1

or regarding microsoft

0 Cheers
LennonBronx
Level 1

My Pro Series 2022 and 2023 is not  opening

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@LennonBronx wrote:

My Pro Series 2022 and 2023 is not  opening

that's kind of like saying "my car wont start"...what happens when you try to open the program?  We need more info to be able to offer any type of help with this.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers