Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic payment of estimated tax

helenyin
Level 4

Hi there,

While finalizing a couple of 1040 returns, I'm wondering how I know that all the estimated tax payments are scheduled properly via electronic payment installment.

I requested partial overpayments to be applied to the estimates and a portion of it to be refunded, the remaining estimate tax to be paid via electronic payment.

How do I confirm that I set it up correctly?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can look at the 1040.  It tells you how much is applied to the next year and how much will be refunded (lines 35 and 36).

Read the standard client letter and it will tell you which estimates have been scheduled for auto withdrawal.

If you EFiled the return after 9/15, the only ES payment that can be scheduled is the 4th one, all the other dates are too late, but I think those show up as red on the screen and wont let you schedule them.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can look at the 1040.  It tells you how much is applied to the next year and how much will be refunded (lines 35 and 36).

Read the standard client letter and it will tell you which estimates have been scheduled for auto withdrawal.

If you EFiled the return after 9/15, the only ES payment that can be scheduled is the 4th one, all the other dates are too late, but I think those show up as red on the screen and wont let you schedule them.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
helenyin
Level 4

Thank you Lisa for your quick response.

I just checked. Everything has been scheduled as what you said in your reply. 

0 Cheers