Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-filing estimated quarterly tax payments after the first due date

ejdtaxman
Level 7

Client wants to e-file estimated payments, but the due date for the first payment has passed. 

If I e-file the return with all 4 payments checked, will the payment that was due 4/15 be automatically withdrawn upon  filing? The payment date of 4/15 is static so I want to be sure it gets taken out and not skipped. 

I know I could always go on IRS direct pay and do it for her, please do not suggest this. I am trying to automate the process so that we can't forget about it in the busiest time of the year. 

thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't think so.

I'd increase the June 15 payment and only set up 3 payments.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont think it will take the first ES either since the due date has passed....I feel like I saw someone else get a reject on a return trying to get that first ES paid after the due date.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Make the first ES payment through Direct Pay  ( I know you said please don't suggest this) then set up last 3 ES payments through tax return.     

0 Cheers