Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Form 568 K-1

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Am I able to enter a California Form 568 K-1 using either Pro Series Basic or Professional software?

I don't see an option or a form.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not sure if Ive seen one of those recently....are the boxes significantly different than the 565 K-1?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Not really. However, it is a specific K-1 for a California LLC member to report their share of income, deductions, credits, etc.

First one that I've seen and I've torn through both sets of software and don't see a data entry screen.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hope this helps if you haven't seen this help article: California PTE tax in ProSeries 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I understand, but it shouldnt be significantly different from the 565 K-1, is it? 

Youd only need to complete the CA K-1 if it had any adjustments from the federal 1065 K-1, Im looking at a 568 K-1 and a 565 K-1 and they look pretty similar, you just need the figures to flow to the correct places on the 540, if the 568K1 and 565K1 worksheets have the same line numbers, you should be able to use the 565 K-1 worksheet.

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

I should have clarified the situation a bit better.

My client is an individual taxpayer who received a Form 568 K-1 for being a member of a California LLC.

The Federal K-1 isn't an issue, however there isn't a Form 568 K-1 screen for me to input the California differences.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Right, your client got a federal 1065 K-1 as well, right?   

CA starts with the federal 1040 figures which already include that 1065 K-1.

Youd only need to make additional entries on the CA 540 return IF the CA K-1 showed CA adjustments.  If the 568 K-1 does show adjustments, cant you just use the 565K-1 to make those adjustments?

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Correct.

I'm just surprised that the software doesn't have a specific Form 568 K-1 screen

0 Cheers