Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-virus software

ajp
Level 5

We had a problem with a file, and support told us that McAfee can have problems with pro series.  I guess you can tell it to ignore certain files, but that is a pain with several client files.  We were told that Norton might be a better option because you can have it ignore the whole folder of data files. 

Does anyone have input regarding anti-virus software?  I don't know why it would mess with the data file to begin with.  I was looking at reviews, and Norton does fair better than McAfee, but there are other brands that do even better such as Bitdefender. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
PATAX
Level 15

ProSeries support was correct... Antivirus software may cause problems and it may slow down your computer... most computers come with built-in antivirus software ... I would also assume that Intuit has built-in safeguards...use your computer for business only...

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I've used Norton with ProSeries Pro over 20 years with no problems 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’ve used McAfee with ProSeries for years without any issues.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I use ESET, never had an issue.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ajp
Level 5

So, you feel that the built in protection is enough?  This is a PC; I am usually an Apple person, and worry about PCs.  I wasn't sure if Microsoft Defender was enough.  The computer is only for business. 

0 Cheers
ajp
Level 5

Thanks! I'll look into ESET.

0 Cheers
ajp
Level 5

I'm glad it is working for you.  One of our large files was corrupted, and pro series support blames McAfee, so I feel the need to change.  We can't keep rebuilding files.  

0 Cheers
ajp
Level 5

This is my current leaning.  Thank you for your feedback.

0 Cheers