Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Proseries Form 8962 is not calculating when income over 400% FPL

Arnie in Oregon
Level 3

Proseries 2022 is not correctly calculating Form 8962.  It's refusing to fill in data when income exceeds 400% of Federal Poverty Line, even though that limit has been waived in American Rescue Plan Act Section 9661.  Support says it will be updated by 1/23, but the form is already listed as being ready to print and mail now.  BEWARE!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Thomas3
Level 1

I agree 8962 does not calculate correctly for income above 400% poverty level. It makes it difficult to tax plan in Dec. Or provide reasonable give estimate for taxes on Jan 15, 2023. Very disappointing!

Arnie in Oregon
Level 3

As of this morning's update, FINALLY, Form 8962 is properly populating.  The return I was working on has gone from $7,000 owed to a $1,700 refund.  Phew!

0 Cheers
haffcpa
Level 2

The same issue is happening with the 2023 tax software. Form 8962 is not properly calculating. 

0 Cheers

As I stated in other post on same subject, it wasn't calculating properly on 2/7 but was on 2/9 after the update.  Please make sure your software in up to date, including running repair updates.

As an aside, I still don't understand why we have to run updates as well as repair updates to ensure the program is really up to date.

0 Cheers