Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099R CODE 7 ROLLED OVER

dr58lj15
Level 2

I have a 1099R with code 7 where the client received the check and endorsed to another qualified plan.   In proseries, do I just have to go down and mark entire amount rolled over?   Is there something else that has to be marked.   For example, I could not find a place to put in the date it was rolled over.   It was rolled over within 30 days of receiving the check.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You just need to mark that it was rolled over.  The software isn't worried about dates since it assumes that the client met the rollover requirements.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

You just need to mark that it was rolled over.  The software isn't worried about dates since it assumes that the client met the rollover requirements.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and mark entire amount rolled over?"

Was there withholding on that distribution and this was a net check? If it was not made payable to the new plan/account, but to the taxpayer, you'll want to confirm they really put the entire amount in (had to make up the difference) the new plan/account.

You stated plan, not account. For example:

"Any taxable eligible rollover distribution paid to you from an employer-sponsored retirement plan is subject to a mandatory income tax withholding of 20%, even if you intend to roll it over later."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers