Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 patr for coop business an employee to file

karen388
Level 1

The 1099-PATR income should be shown as Other Income reported on Form 1040, Schedule 1, Part I, Line 8z. but there is no such line just 8 but not allowing amount to be put in Please help

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

There is a line 8z on schedule 1. You have to list what the income is, and amount. That is if you are using ProSeries Pro

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im not sure what "for coop business an employee to file" means, but if it was issued to a business, why isnt it included in business income?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
karen388
Level 1

no it was issued to an employee and when I go to schedule 1 line 8 there is no z line or place to put it

0 Cheers
karen388
Level 1

I see a line 8 but there is no letters after???

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If he used the distribution for personal use don't report it at all. Coops issue them for personal use as a discount given, and not actual money. What program are you using ? because ProSeries Pro does have a line 8z on schedule 1 

0 Cheers
karen388
Level 1

I am using pro series basic for personal returns and pro series for business

0 Cheers
karen388
Level 1

I found it but now he is being taxed on the patronage dividends and when we call the employer that stated that is what is in his account there not the amount he received in payments. They are telling him that it is not taxable for him because he has not received it is that true.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Members of a Co op that just purchase items for personal use don't put the 1099 on their tax return. only if you are using products for your business would you put it on your taxes, and like @Just-Lisa-Now-  said you would put it on the business entity's return as income