Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries vs ProConnect

Good morning, Tax Community, 

I'm considering ProConnect this year and wondered if there were top of the mind pros and cons that you might be willing to share? 

Also, I have a client who needs a 1099 for his landlord and wondered if all the versions created 1099's if needed or only specific ones? 

Thank you!! 

Dawn

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are going from Lacerte to ProConnect, it is an easy transition.  But going from ProSeries to ProConnect means a big learning curve.

As far as 1099s go, none of the tax softwares create 1099s, but they have addons that you can purchase to do that.  But for one 1099, purchasing the addon wouldn't be worth it.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you are going from Lacerte to ProConnect, it is an easy transition.  But going from ProSeries to ProConnect means a big learning curve.

As far as 1099s go, none of the tax softwares create 1099s, but they have addons that you can purchase to do that.  But for one 1099, purchasing the addon wouldn't be worth it.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

It's the middle of January.  Shouldn't you have researched this last year and been ready to transition and learn the software first?  I cannot imagine changing tax software during tax season.  The horrors.......

George4Tacks
Level 15

https://accountants.intuit.com/compare-professional-tax-software/

Try ProConnect for free! Log in here https://accounts.intuit.com/app/sign-in?app_group=ProConnectTaxOnline&asset_alias=Intuit.apd.ito&sin... and you can do a return with everything EXCEP e-file or print for free. Use Check Return to see what the return looks like and get a feel for how different this is from ProSeries. 

Compare the features. See if they both offer what you need. Consider how quickly you can produce a return with each software. Your time is very valuable. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Well, yes, of course I should have. 

Sometimes the allure of the spontaneous is just so tempting. 😉 

Good morning, 

This is a great idea, thank you!