Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries Pro23 won't start after update

edmunson
Level 2

Proseries wouldn't efile because it needed an update (outdated version), so I applied the update and now the program won't start.  The splash-screen comes up and the login page loads, but the rows for credentials never appear - it just shows the circles going around continuously.  I left it running for over 2 hours and the circles don't go away but the login and password boxes never appear.  Has anyone had this issue?  I have tried the updated repair, the toolhub fixes, and nothing will bring it back.  I need some help as nothing I have tried changes the response of the app.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is this what you see?  Just a blank white window?

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/update-products/opening-proseries-sign-scr...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
poolcleaner
Level 9

My computer had the same issue several months ag and a cold boot solved the problem. It seemed as if Shut Down worked when Restart did not.

Another Former All Star

edmunson
Level 2

Sounded hopeful but still no deal.  I tried the cold boot a few times and still have the same issue.  Anyone else have an idea?  Thankful for any help someone may have!

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Last year the people with problems (including me) were using old computers with old operating systems.  Maybe 6 or 7 years old, probably with Windows 8.  This is like using dial-up to ask someone on MySpace where to find a mechanic for your Plymouth.  If that sounds like you, it's fortunate that problems didn't start until after extensions were filed.  

edmunson
Level 2

Thanks, BobKamman, but that isn't it.  I am using a new Lenovo with Win11 on it, just purchased and used for this tax season.  Not an old Plymouth, but I wish it was that easy! 

Any other ideas?  This has me completely stumped!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is this what you see?  Just a blank white window?

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/update-products/opening-proseries-sign-scr...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

After trying Lisa's link just delete the program and reinstall (Hope you have a backup) If you don't have a backup make a copy of the Data file

BobKamman
Level 15

Lenovo is a Chinese technology company with extensive ties to the People's Liberation Army and the CCP's state-directed espionage campaigns. Lenovo's largest shareholder is the Chinese government. So maybe you can find technical support on TikTok...🇨🇳

0 Cheers
edmunson
Level 2

I'll ignore your comment...I have purchased Lenovo computers as a Systems Admin for a US University for decades since they were merged from IBM computers.  I asked for assistance, not conspiracy theories.  Please don't comment political agenda-related opinions again on my questions.  Thanks and have a great day.

BobKamman
Level 15

If you don't want political agenda-related opinions, don't mention your connections with US universities.