Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2021 E-filing Bug

charles
Level 3

The 2021 ProSeries is showing an ERROR (Pink highlight, red exclamation mark) when the signature date is later than 12/31/22.  Obviously, to e-file the date needs to be changed to 2023 (and 2024 next year).

I  can override to transmit but would prefer not to.

Can you fix this in the next release?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its been reported.  Just use the correct date, then turn off error checking at conversion.

errorcheck.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

14 Comments 14
AROD1952
Level 3

can you let me know how to override it i'm having the same exact problem

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its been reported.  Just use the correct date, then turn off error checking at conversion.

errorcheck.png

charles
Level 3

When you go to transmit you have to un-check the box that says "Enable Error Checking"  This is in the final efile step.  You get a warning that this is a bad idea, but you have to ignore it.  It would be better if they fixed this.  This has not been an issue in prior years, so it's weird that this cropped up.

charles
Level 3

What she said...

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its only 2021 that has the issue, theyre working on it.

AROD1952
Level 3

Awesome thank you very much it worked.

VALG
Level 2

where is box  the Enable Error Checking

0 Cheers
Mactaxes
Level 3

Hi Lisa - Sorry to bother...but I'm not seeing that dialog box from your post.  When I click e-File I only get this box with no option to turn off conversion error checking:

Picture1.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@Mactaxes 

click no on that screenshot and then go to efile/electronic filing/convert transmit returns and at bottom of pop up box you'll see "enable conversion error checking".....uncheck

Mactaxes
Level 3

I knew I was missing something...Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction! 

VALG
Level 2

I have tried to transmit with current date and 12/31/2022 after unchecking the box.  I get "failed final review" or the date error message.  Any other fix?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youre failing final review, something else is wrong...run through Review, what do the diagnostics show?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Heres step by step to work around the date issue  but failing review sounds like something else.

Put the correct current date on the return.   

Save and exit the return and go back to the EFCenter, 

Now make sure the client file is highlighted in the EFCenter, and click the EF Now button on the toolbar, this window (shown below) will open, check the bottom bubble to Convert and Transmit, then uncheck the Error Checking box at the bottom, , click OK, a window will open warning you about turning off error checking, just ignore it and click OK,

errorchecking.png

angellbimbris
Level 1

is this screen ?

0 Cheers