Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print E-file authorizations

MICHAELMARS
Level 5

We really need an easy way to print 8879 and state forms with the Soc Sec # masked.  This is basic to email the forms to clients for signature without having to go through secure portals just for these.

No reason not to be able to do this, the forms just stay in our files anyway.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Camp1040
Level 10

Can't you mask SSN under options?

0 Cheers
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

only for the whole return. but under the option to "print efile EF sig. forms" its not available.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

You have provided your clients with a complete copy of their return before asking them to sign the 8879 correct? If so, why not just email them the password protected return file direct from proseries print function?

I asked the first question as the initial sentence of the taxpayer declaration on the 8879 starts with 

"Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined a copy of the income tax return I am now authorizing....:

MICHAELMARS
Level 5

I use a secure portal and put up the whole return and but also put up the signature forms [and my invoice] separately.  The issue is that they simply email them back to me which isn't safe.    Some of my clients have over 10 states and if they had to sort through the whole client copy for which forms to sign would be unreasonable.

This is not a hard programing issue. just on the print form screen put the option to mask like it has on the print entire return screen.  Also the print ef option prints fed and states without having to do it separately.

0 Cheers