Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS IT-196

InnovativeTax
Level 3

Hello my fellow accountants!

My client just got a letter from NYS about a computational error not allowing total itemized deductions because of the itemized deduction limitation etc.

Now it's only a $40 adjustment but this is clearly a software calculation! I looked it over and it seems to be accurate unless I'm missing something but the state doesn't breakdown their calculation. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
ljr
Level 8

A client of mine just got the same letter - I guess they figure everyone is too busy to try to figure out a $40 change in the return. Multiply that out and they get a lot of money. I have no idea what it is. 

0 Cheers
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

I got one too.

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

Is there a way to report this to ProSeries? Don't they read our posts?

No P&I yet since its pre 4/15 but this is going to be a REAL problem post that date if it's a software issue!!!

PROSERIES HELP US!!!!!

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

What should we do? Anybody have a plan?

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@IntuitGabi 

Hey Gabi, 

Any guidance here?   

@InnovativeTax   can you provide any more detail or are you available to send info to developers if needed? 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
InnovativeTax
Level 3

What detail would you like? The letter from NYS stating the error?

I can provide that, as well.

Its either NYS or a ProSeries software issue. Nothing to do with user error.

Please advise...Thank you!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Skylane

@InnovativeTax I've sent you an email with steps on how to send us more information on this topic. Thank you.

0 Cheers
InnovativeTax
Level 3

NYS letter has been sent and is now in your possession.

InnovativeTax
Level 3

Gabi...do we have a response? I can't keep preparing tax returns if this error still remains?

And I wonder for how many other of my clients it has happened to.

Please advise.

Chris

0 Cheers