Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS Form IT-201

Rob -1
Level 2

Hello,

I am using Pro Series **bleep** in the NYS software I use. On the NYS IT-201 Resident Tax return, all info entered is fine and calculations are right, however when I go to print the return, pages 2, 3, and 4 often come out with parts of the text missing. The figures on the right side appear, but the left side description categories are only partly printed, and not readable. Sometimes when I print them a second time, they come out ok, but I usually resort to doing Print Preview for those forms and print them from there individually, where it works most of the time. It's a bit of an inconvenience, and I have to look over every return, as I can't give the clients copies of the state return that are missing letters and impossible to read. I have tried attaching my laptop to 2 different printers, thinking it may have been a printing issue, but the same thing happens on both of them, so I'm resigned to think it's a software problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for your time.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Rob -1
Level 2

Thanks so much, that seems to solve it.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Try printing to (file) pdf then printing the pdf. PS doesn’t always play nicely with all the possible printer configurations.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Rob -1
Level 2

Thanks so much, that seems to solve it.

BIGPETE
Level 3

could you please explain in detail how you print from PDF?

sorry but I am not familiar with this

having the same problem printing up NYS forms

0 Cheers
Rob -1
Level 2

Hello,

You go to the print page, where you normally print the return copies. On the bottom click on Create PDF, but make sure to first check the boxes for IT-201-pages 1-2, and IT-201-pages 3-4. Once you create it you'll get a message where the PDF can be found. Go to file explorer. In search bar type Windows (C:) and pick ProPDF from the directory. It is there in ProPDF, you will find the file you need and you can print from there. Pages come out perfect. It's a bit of a chore, but it's a way around the garbled font problem on that schedule. Good luck with it!

0 Cheers