Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Resident Employees of NYC - UBT

thetaxdoctor1
Level 3

Hi,

I am preparing a UBT return for a couple that is married filing jointly and they both have to pay UBT so the husband's UBT return is within the actual return file.

I made a copy of the file as I cannot file both UBT's on the same return. There is still one error in the wife's UBT return and the box asking if she was employed by the City of New York is flagging RED.

It is under the non-resident section but they are indicated as NYS residents on the state return and the address in her UBT return is a Manhattan address.

How do I ge this error to stop flagging? It makes no sense as both are residents of NYC.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
thetaxdoctor1
Level 3

In case anyone is wondering about how the issue was resolved. I called Intuit and it stumped the representative as well.

The representative told me to efile with a bypass on the errors.

So you go to the efile center, highlight the return and go to efile menu dropdown, click electronic filing and follow the arrow to convert/transmit.

uncheck the enable conversion error checking box and click the radio button that hit the radio button that reads "convert and transmit selected returns/extensions".

I was only doing this for the separate spouse UBT not for their main return. As one spouse had to have her own file in proseries.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

Why are you filing UBT for employees?

0 Cheers
thetaxdoctor1
Level 3

they have to file UBT in NYC and the Schedule Cs for the husband and wife both made over the threshold

They are runniing the businesses

MICHAELMARS
Level 5

Under Forms you can select NYC-202 for taxpayer and for spouse.  I never had a problem having both in the same return file.

0 Cheers
thetaxdoctor1
Level 3

ok, but that wasn't the call of my original question.

There is still one error in the wife's UBT return and the box asking if she was employed by the City of New York is flagging RED.

It is under the non-resident section but they are indicated as NYS and NYC residents on the state return and the address in her UBT return is a Manhattan address. How do I get this error to stop flagging?

0 Cheers
thetaxdoctor1
Level 3

In case anyone is wondering about how the issue was resolved. I called Intuit and it stumped the representative as well.

The representative told me to efile with a bypass on the errors.

So you go to the efile center, highlight the return and go to efile menu dropdown, click electronic filing and follow the arrow to convert/transmit.

uncheck the enable conversion error checking box and click the radio button that hit the radio button that reads "convert and transmit selected returns/extensions".

I was only doing this for the separate spouse UBT not for their main return. As one spouse had to have her own file in proseries.