Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to report the RMD from an IRA on my client's return, have a distribution code 6 in box 7 on form 1099-R with an amount in box 5 that is less than the amount in box 1.

Level 1
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Level 11
Level 11

Dist code 6 is 1035 exch so not taxable. You should be able to enter the info on the worksheet exactly as the 1099R without a problem.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround