Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mask social before printing one form

JADinAZ
Level 3

I use Proseries Basic.  I mail Form 9325 to my clients after their e-file return is accepted so they have the proof of filing.  Is there a way to print just that form - or any single form - and mask it before printing?  I normally print those single forms using the Print button at the top of the page which works fine when printing single forms, but I don't see a way to mask the social from there.  Thanks!

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Look in print options for printing client copy

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
JADinAZ
Level 3

Thanks Skylane I tried that but I'm not trying to print the entire client copy just that one form.  I don't want to check and uncheck all the forms every time.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Override the SSN on that form. Print it. Remove override.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
JADinAZ
Level 3

Thanks Accountant-Man - excellent suggestion - but the override wasn't available on the form I tried.  I'm looking for that option on Form 9325 and the Electronic Filing Instructions forms for Fed and my state.  Great idea!  Sadly didn't work for me.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Does the "Client Copy" mask it?

This isn't ideal, but if it does mask it on the Client Copy, you can print the Client Copy to a PDF, then open the PF and just print the 9325.

JADinAZ
Level 3

Thanks TaxGuyBill - I tried that and all 3 of the forms I want to mask - final 9325, and Electronic Filing Instructions for both Fed & State - have huge watermarks on them saying "DO NOT MAIL - Data Masked" (along with all other pages in the return I think).  Yep the SS's are masked but I don't want that big old water mark on them either.  You'd think there has to be a way to print ONE form and mask that one form before you print it.  But if there is I haven't found it.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I use PS Pro so not very familiar with PS basic functionality. 

Any chance you have a pdf editor like Adobe? 

print to pdf and edit or redact in a pdf editor 

JADinAZ
Level 3

Thanks Skylane that might work.  But I was still hoping for a simpler solution.  Like something in PS Basic.  But I think I'm out of luck.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

… w/ Adobe Acrobat it takes about a minute. I don’t know about other editors