Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Louisiana Partnership Return - New Requirement

kmuller
Level 2

This may not be the right place to ask this, and it may also be too early to be asking....

Beginning in 2022 (2023 filing season) all Louisiana partnerships will now be required to file a Louisiana partnership return, whereas before they weren't required unless there was an out of state partner. We recently learned through some CPE that Louisiana will not require you to obtain a LA revenue account number in advance of filing, but rather you can leave the LA account number space blank and Louisiana will assign an account number for future use. We are curious if the software will allow us to file the Louisiana partnership return while leaving this space blank. Looking back at 2021, if I mark a Louisiana partnership return for e-filing and leave the LA revenue account number blank, it doesn't show an error, but I'm not sure if that means it would go through when filed since I can't test it.

Again, I'm sure this is a premature question and we'll figure it out come tax time and hope for the best!

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If its not fixed, and still shows an error that shouldn't be an error, you can always just uncheck the 'Error Checking at Conversion' box when you go to EF the return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
clr600
Level 8

I am in the State of Louisiana. The La Partnership return for La was required in 2021.

I efiled all of my La Partnership returns for 2021 without the La Revenue account number.