Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Tuesday, so you probably need a break

IRonMaN
Level 15

But if you don't need a break until Wednesday, or Thursday, this will still be here waiting for you.

Sven and Ole were out looking for a job, and they got an interview at a trucking company. The boss was asking them questions, and he says to Sven, "Sven, pretend that you're driving the truck in the mountains and Ole is asleep in the back. You're going downhill, when all of a sudden your brakes go out. What do you do?"

Sven say, "Well the first thing I'd do is wake up Ole, because he's never seen an accident before!"

Ole and Lena bought a new car. They were so excited about it that when they got home they locked the keys in the car. Ole says to Lena, "I thought you had the keys."

Lena says, "You were driving, the driver always takes the keys."

"Well," says Ole, "It doesn't much matter, the question is what are we going to do about it."

Lena says, "I don't know, but we better come up with something fast because it looks like rain, and you had to go and leave the top down."

Sven and Ole decide one day to enter thoroughbred horse racing, and they each go out and buy a horse. Unfortunately, they only have enough money left afterward to rent one stable.

"Yimminy, Sven," says Ole, "Vit' bot' our horses in one stable, how vill ve tell dem apart now?"

Sven says, "I got me an idea." He grabs a bucket of red paint and paints a big X on the side of his horse.

"Ya sure," says Ole, "Dat'll vork yust fine."

But when they go to reclaim their horses from the stable after the first race, the horse's sweat has washed the X completely away, and they spend hours arguing over which horse belongs to who.

Once they've sorted their horses out again, Sven says to Ole, "Vell? You got any bright ideas?"

"Ya sure," says Ole, and he cuts his horse's tail very short. "Dere. Now ve can tell."

And, in fact, the idea works just fine, until Ole's horse's tail grew back out, and they got their horse's confused again. After a good rousing fist fight, they get everything straightened out.

"Ve need a good way to tell dem darn tings apart," says Ole, nursing a black eye.

"Ya sure," says Sven, "But vat?"

They sit and think for a long time, and then suddenly Ole bursts to his feet. He runs off, and returns a few minutes later with a measuring tape. He measures one horse and then the other.

Sven asks, "Vill it vork?"

Ole proudly exclaims, "Ya sure Sven! Dat dere black horse is FOUR INCHES shorter than the brown one!"

Slava Ukraini!