Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@IntuitGabi - Annual Request

dascpa
Level 11

@IntuitGabi - for the past zillion years we have asked and we still would like to know exactly what was fixed with each update.  You now have a Hot Topics tab which helps, but it sure would be nice to know we fixed this form, this issue.  Or we fixed this printing problem or this or that.  We go in guessing and still find certain items not corrected.  Is there ANY way for P.S. to list what was done with an update?

17 Comments 17
IRonMaN
Level 15

Or we could always go with even an older request.  Provide a bug list ----------------- a current list of "unexpected behaviors".

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

My colleagues and I will be looking into this, thanks for the feedback @dascpa @IRonMaN 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Or we could always go with even an older request.  Provide a bug list ----------------- a current list of "unexpected behaviors".

If they do that, I'm not sure if my computer will be able to handle such an extremely long list.  I might need to upgrade my computer and internet speed to handle it. 

🤣

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I got scolded for the 'Bug Thread' and 'Annual Bug-gie Awards' thread I posted in the old community.... Though a public service, it seemed like the Powers weren't pleased with publicizing the software shortcomings... 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as I'm here, I might as well ask if they can add form 5227.  Also how about a 10% discount for anyone who has 27,000 or more thumbs up?

If I am going to waste my time asking for things that are never going to happen, I might as well add to the list. ☹️

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

@Skylane Bruce, I didn't know you got scolded for that. It was a public service to your fellow users.

Many, many years ago Lacerte used to provided alerts (or whatever they called them) that said "We know x, y,z, etc are not working now. They will be fixed with a, b, c, update."

And when they did updates they gave a list of what was updated.

Saved a lot of calls to support and "Does any one else have this ?" postings.

I complained when they stopped, but we all know what good that does.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Evidently they would rather dump money needlessly into support rather than risking their image by disclosing issues. 

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Evidently they would rather dump money needlessly into support

LOL.  They provide "support"?  I thought they just (a) put customers on hold for so long that they hang up, (b) read a pre-written script or (c) directed them to this forum.

They also don't seem to realize that if they spent more money on development and quality control, they wouldn't need as much "support" (plus have happier customers and eventually more customers due to the better program).

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@sjrcpa   yeah, I got sent to the principal's office.... but mostly for the annual 'bug-gie' and 'bug-buster'   awards.   Apparently, some of the Intuit nominees and prize winners were not pleased.

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're in good company. A number of us have been there.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Funny I didn't bump into you at the principal's office.  I have spent a lot of time there.  I made some suggestions for remodeling the office but they really don't tend to listen to what I have to say.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dascpa If you haven't already, look into the Help Center for updates in the ReadMe file. 

1. Along the program toolbar, go to HelpHelp Center.

2. Within Help Center, under Technical Support, expand the ReadMe Information.

-This will list all installed tax modules 
3. Select the desired tax module to view its release notes.

Thanks for your feedback. Viewing the release notes for a ProSeries update has been added to the article How to update ProSeries software

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Here's an example from your link.  It says absolutely nothing.

Items addressed in this release of ProSeries/1040

The following issues have been addressed in this release:

• Various form and electronic filing validation updates.

It tells us nothing

We still can't print letters without exiting the file and going back in, or switching to state and then back to Federal.  Sch C wages has been pushed off a week, then another week, then another.  These are just a few examples of ongoing problems.

This year the P.S. errors are more voluminous than ever in the past.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Are you familiar with the principal's office?  If so, maybe you just want to self report and head that direction now 😜

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

I sent the message from there. Self-detention.

The one that amazes me is the farm people (I'm not one of those) who have returns due this Friday and they still don't have forms.

For $8,000 software it's embarrassing.  Maybe they should do what the ObamaCare website people did - waste $1 billion and then hire a Canadian company to finish the work.

But if they just kept us in the loop we could understand.  With 50,000+ users it's not like the company is going broke.  I'm done with my rant, back to work.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@IRonMaN    They  blamed you for all the graffiti in the  executive washroom and took away your keys… there’s still a stool in the principals office with a road runner carving…

IRonMaN
Level 15

I get no respect 😬

Slava Ukraini!