Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indiana Partnership K-1 Code 641 research expense deduction on Sch IN K-1 Worksheet

Chessie
Level 3

I read that submitting coding issues here in the Community can get a coding correction done by Intuit for ProSeries Professional?  There use to be an Intuit link where you could submit coding issues and they would get resolved.  That no longer seems to be available.

Indiana Partnership Sch K-1 code 641 is for a DEDUCTION from the Indiana Partnership income related to research expenses.  ProSeries K-1 Worksheet for Part 4 State Modifications won't allow a negative amount to be input for code 641.  Error code says "The value entered must be greater than or equal to zero."

However, Indiana 2023 IT-65 Partnership Return Booklet page 10 for Code 641 clearly states it is a deduction.  Entering it as a value greater than zero doesn't achieve the AGI needed.  It must be entered as a negative.

Really need Intuit to fix this in the software so I can finalize this return.  I've called Intuit 3x this year on other coding issues in February and March and only one of them was resolved... weeks later... the rest just had to be worked around. I'm not thrilled with the idea of calling again or overriding the software.  Does anyone else deal with research expenses and Codes 641 and 154 for Indiana modification?  Or does Intuit ProSeries review these community questions and submit coding errors for resolution (which users don't seem to be able to do)?

Thank you in advance.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I read that submitting coding issues here in the Community can get a coding correction done by Intuit for ProSeries Professional?"

I'm curious where you read that, because that isn't accurate.  Once in awhile an Intuit employee will see something like that and forward it on, but for the most part, you need to contact support for something like that.

"There use to be an Intuit link where you could submit coding issues and they would get resolved"

I'm not sure where that was located because I have never run across it or seen a reference to it here and I've been here since about 1923.

Slava Ukraini!
Chessie
Level 3

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/how-do-you-report-an-e... 

I didn't think it was accurate but thought I would try since calling Intuit wasn't helpful the 3 times I called during February & March.  Guess I will be calling Monday morning again.

Years ago, there was a link in the Help tab to report issues and get real help.

0 Cheers