Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix my printing issue?

BWeller
Level 1

When I attempt to print, my program is just printing a bunch of white space. Some of the boxes are filled in, but all of the text content to the left is just gone. This happens with Preparer, Client, and Filing copies. Any tips on how to fix this?

0001.jpg0002.jpg

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Have you powered off the printer since this began?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BWeller
Level 1

Yeah, I turned it on and off a couple times. It prints word documents and pdfs fine.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If you print to PDF does it look ok?

0 Cheers
BWeller
Level 1

Yeah when I print to pdf and then print the pdf it comes out fine. Definitely a pain though.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its got to be an issue with the printer drivers, have you checked the manufacturers website to see if they have any updated drivers that could be installed?

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@BWeller If you to go to the File menu and select Print Options, then General Printing, try selecting either the checkbox for Print Text As Graphic or Print As Image and then print. This has been known to resolve these types of print issues.

Print Options.png

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Angela, what causes these types of issues, does anyone know?

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@Just-Lisa-Now- Different types of printer drivers can cause these types of printing issues. ProSeries is really picky with the printer drivers it likes to play nice with.