Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correct a state tax return efiled with wrong soc sec number?will the state deny the return and then I can type in the correct social sec number and re-submit

Level 2
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Level 15
Level 15

It should reject....are you saying it was accepted?

Level 15

In the olden days, I picked up a phone and called the state practitioner hotline and explained the error. They took the information and corrected the return. 

I would try that first. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns