Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i see what is in the "return header"?

linduca
Level 3

0000-697-01  references the "return header"  How do I check what is in there?

I think part of the problem is that I showed a taxpayers 2022 date of death on the 2021 return (they died prior to filing) and I am showing them on the 2022 tax return....

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

entering spouses 2022 DOD on 2021 return will not create an error. Did you run final review? 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

whats the full reject message?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
linduca
Level 3

Error R0000-697-01: If IRS Payment Record or IRS ES Payment Record is present, and 'PINTypeCd' in the Return Header has the vale "Practitioner", then 'PractitionerPINGrp' and 'PrimaryPINEnteredByCd' and 'PrimarySignaturePIN' and 'PrimarySignatureDt' and 'JuratDisclosureCd'  must have a value in the Return Header.

whew!

I'm thinking it has something to do with the spouse's date of death in 2022 shown on the 2021 return, BUT
the deceased spouse did have income in 2022 so I still show them as filing jointly, etc.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Common to file a joint return with a spouse that's deceased.   Looks like something with the EFile PINs.  Did you enter a PIN date for the deceased spouse?   Only the surviving spouse needs an EF PIN.

If this is a 2021 return you may want to be sure the software is updated.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

entering spouses 2022 DOD on 2021 return will not create an error. Did you run final review? 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
linduca
Level 3

That was the crux of the problem~!  Running the final review, took me to a field that I had to address.

Using PINS for the deceased spouse did not create an issue as long as I indicated that I entered the PINS for both on the 4868 worksheet.