Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I keep the Form 1041 from pulling in data for a Grantor Type Trust?

davetodd11
Level 5

I am generating an informational 1041 for a Grantor Type Trust.  The appropriate statement regarding all income being taxable to the Grantor appears on p.1 of the 1041, but it is also pulling in all of the Income data and computing tax on the 1041.  The box with "Grantor type trust" is showing an error and telling me that "If the entire return is a grantor type trust, do not report dollar amounts on Form 1041."

How do I keep these figures from pulling in?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
davetodd11
Level 5

Resolved through the ProSeries help desk.  The issue was that I was entering the data from the K-1 that is the sole source of income for the trust.  The K-1 should be attached to the return, but not entered into ProSeries using the K-1 worksheet.  Deleting the K-1 from the return solved the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
davetodd11
Level 5

Resolved through the ProSeries help desk.  The issue was that I was entering the data from the K-1 that is the sole source of income for the trust.  The K-1 should be attached to the return, but not entered into ProSeries using the K-1 worksheet.  Deleting the K-1 from the return solved the problem.