Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I give the owner access to pro series product?

JWFam2019
Level 2

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Owner of what?

JWFam2019
Level 2

Owner of JW Family Investments... He's not able to go into Pro Series Basics to do anything.  With your Tech team setting me up with Admin rights, I'm the only one who can go into the account and set up customers etc.  Edjuan Williams, my son and the owner of the business needs to have those same rights as I to get into the tax files.

Also, we work from separate locations on separate computers which do not network.  We are a small business and do not want to go through the expense of hosting this year. Please advise if there is another way we can see what each one is doing on each tax file at any given time.

Thank you so much and take care,

Hattie Williams

qbteachmt
Level 15

"With your Tech team"

This is not Customer Service or Tech Support.

This is a Peer user Community on the internet. A Forum.

Any computer not available to the other computer means the only ways to "see" each other would be a Cloud-based program, which would be ProConnect (staying with the Intuit income tax preparation family of products) or a VPN/Hosted solution. Otherwise, everything you do is separate, and you would each be working on your own version of that one tax return. Or, the Return data files (not the program) might be shared through something like DropBox or Mozy, but you cannot both be working on it at the same time, because that creates Conflicting copies.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
George4Tacks
Level 15

Are you sure you are using ProSeries and not ProConnect Tax (the online product)?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JWFam2019
Level 2

Thanks so much for the information. Very helpful! truly appreciated!!!

Hattie

JWFam2019
Level 2

Yes, I'm using Pro Series Basic at this time.

Thanks

George4Tacks
Level 15

They would be other users

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/manage-access/help/manage-users-for-proseries/00/4963

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/role-management-via-my-account/00/4212

will hopefully get you pointed in the right direction.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers