Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I clear the error message when I have attached a required PDF to the MD state return?

doubleg10
Level 3

I have attached the required PDF for the Maryland non-resident state income tax return utilizing the e-file drop down menu options.  The PDF shows up as an attachment both in the EF Center and in the MD tax return information worksheet area.  The error message states Form 505 line 45 requires a PDF attachment.  That is the error message that won't go away even though a PDF has been attached.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

not sure if applicable in your case, but several years ago, i had a similar situation on an Alabama return, and i had to have my cursor in the line ( Form 505 line 45 in your case), and then i went to to the attach .pdf and it attached it to that specific line.   worth a try, i suppose.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

not sure if applicable in your case, but several years ago, i had a similar situation on an Alabama return, and i had to have my cursor in the line ( Form 505 line 45 in your case), and then i went to to the attach .pdf and it attached it to that specific line.   worth a try, i suppose.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
doubleg10
Level 3

To dd4vols:

Thank you very much for your suggestion as it worked for me. Don't know why it worked but it did.  Excellent.  Thanks again.

dsocpa
Level 5

I've had an issue where the last return I filed needed to have the MD EL101B attached with the client's signature.  The instructions for EL101B state "if possible" but I always attach the form.  This time the form wouldn't attach.  The attachment screen looked different as well.  The dropdown menu usually has a specific selection for the form EL101B but this time there was only "other" and when I went to type a description, I received an error message.  Anyone else have a similar experience recently?

0 Cheers