Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I tell what forms and schedules actually get efiled ?

justwanttoknow
Level 2

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
PATAX
Level 15

As far as I know, whatever prints out immediately before e-filing the return, which is what you should give to the client to review before they sign the e-file signature forms, are the returns that are e-filed.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They wont five us an actual answer to this, but if it prints with the Filing Copy, its included with the EF return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Lisa

Maybe the default forms for the filing copy? I ONLY print the filing copy and I get a have a bunch of other items printing with that copy, Depreciation schedules, notes, 2 year comparison, etc. and I don't think any of that gets efiled. ( I pull out what I want with my copy, and copy the actual tax forms and cover letter for the client)

I have been told that normal "notes" or explanations don't go with the efile. If you want to send an explanation as part of the efile or other information I believe that you have to use the "preparer notes" page.

Also have heard that with some other software products (I have no idea which ones) you can actually look at the file, but it is not in the format of a tax form we are used to looking at, but rather the format of the file the irs specifies. No idea if that is true or not.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

right, the default forms that go with the Filing copy...if it would be included when you mail a paper return, it would be included in an EF return.

I also only print the filing copy, but I tailor it to include other stuff I want it to include.  I dont think the stuff I chose to Print if Any Data get included with the EF.  Just the stuff that is marked If Required by default.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Go down to your local KFC and ask if you can get a list of their secret ingredients ------------ you will have better luck getting that information than you will getting something from Intuit on your question.  The question has been asked on a regular basis and nobody from Intuit has ever provided an answer.  Maybe they don't know the answer either. 🤔

Slava Ukraini!