Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had issues with Client’s payments being returned using the address on the 1040-V from ProSeries for Texas? (Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 1214 Charlotte, NC 28201-1214)

TaxLady59
Level 2

The IRS website has a different address: Internal Revenue Service Center Austin, TX 73301-0010.  According to the IRS posting it was updated 4/22/2024.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I'd use most current address... I haven't heard any complaints about the PS addresses.... Either way the payment will find it's way to the IRS coffers....  If in doubt you can always use direct pay. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I'd use most current address... I haven't heard any complaints about the PS addresses.... Either way the payment will find it's way to the IRS coffers....  If in doubt you can always use direct pay. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

the address I show on the 1040V for my TX client is the PO Box in NC, but maybe the program updated it at some point in the past 6 weeks?

Ive found that payments always go to a actual address, not just IRS with a city and zipcode.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxLady59
Level 2

Thank you. 

BobKamman
Level 15

Are you sure you are looking at address for 1040 with payment?  It hasn't changed here:

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals-filing-form-1... 

sjrcpa
Level 15

And did the IRS/lockbox people actually return the check?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxLady59
Level 2

Thank you.

0 Cheers