Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else experienced difficulty in printing the 2022 Federal Form 1040 since yesterday's update?

allentax_ilm
Level 2

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Can you print to a pdf and then print the return from there?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I printed a full return, fed and state with client letter an hour ago, came out as expected...whats happening for you?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
allentax_ilm
Level 2

I tried to print to pdf on 2022 return and file was created, but when printing I received a printer error message and it only prints the odd characters. Error message just says printer couldn’t print. Strangely enough, the NC state return is printing fine if I just print that one.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Gawd I hate printing problems!   

First make sure you dont have any Windows updates sitting waiting to be installed, then restart your computer AND your printer, sometimes a reboot cures what ails you!  You may end up needing to run Repair Updates for Proseries.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
allentax_ilm
Level 2

Just tried to print on my “super fast” inkjet Epson printer, and it worked.  Now I’m wondering if there is just a problem with the HP printers. Trying to reinstall one HP now. And rebooting computer again.

0 Cheers
allentax_ilm
Level 2

Well, I reinstalled the printer and rebooted the computer and had same issue. I could print the NC return, but was only getting a client analysis on Federal.  Went through print with return options and had “client presentation” checked. When I unchecked that box, seems to be printing fine now.  At least on one computer. Will try other computer soon.