Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 E-Filing Date PIN error

tampaFL
Level 1

2021 ProSeries E-Filing is giving an error on the "Date PIN entered.

Today is 1/25/2023. I've done the updates on every hours. 

It states that the date must be between 1/1/2022 - 12/31/20222021 EF error.jpg

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

I believe you are the number 1,001,002 person to ask that in the last couple of days.  To get around it, enter today's date.  Then when you convert the file for e-filing, uncheck the error checking box.  That should do the trick.  It has worked for the other 1,001,001 folks.

Slava Ukraini!
tampaFL
Level 1

LOL, just saw the resolution on another post. thanks

ASPCPA
Level 1

Please post a screen shot of where you uncheck the error box. I get the same message date must be on or after 12/31/22

0 Cheers
SGM Tax
Level 3

It may be a difference between Pro Series and Basic.

I have Basic and cannot "Uncheck an error box"

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
Suavelp2
Level 1

For some reason, when I efile the 2021 return and I enter today's date in enter PIN date, it gives me an error....

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you read any of the above posts before posting that?

Slava Ukraini!
Suavelp2
Level 1

What post?  You mean about where it's giving an error for putting a 2023 PIN date in a 2021 return?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No, the post providing a solution or the post showing the link that also provides the solution.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mfurbeck
Level 2

I have now experienced this same issue.  However, my returns were rejected by the IRS, according to Proseries, for an invalid e-file signature date.  I do get the error message that the date must be on or after 1/1/2022 and on or before 12/31/2002, however that is what got rejected.  Now what?

0 Cheers
SGM Tax
Level 3

The IRS will not accept a signature date in 2022. You must use a date in 2023. Pro Series will give you an error message if you use a 2023 date.

Close the file with the 2023 date in it. Go to EF Center. Highlight the file without opening it. Choose the efile tab and select convert. Uncheck the box that says error check in the pop up. Then select transmit.

Other members have posted screenshot of those pop up boxes.

mfurbeck
Level 2

Yes, that did work.  Thank you everyone who shared their thoughts and fixes!  I kept today's date in the PIN field, closed and saved the file, e-filed from the EF Center, and unchecked the box for it to check for errors.