Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody complained yet that the 6252 isn't ready yet?

IRonMaN
Level 15

If not, I want to complain that the 6252 isn't ready until March 3rd.

This does it, I am switching software next week.  Goodbye ProSeries.  Goodbye Intuit.  I'm done with you, enough is enough.  I pay good money for this software and I got shafted again by you.  Thank God I don't live in MD or I would be even more upset.😠

Did that sound pretty good?  I want to blend in with all of the other posts that have complained about forms not being ready.  I just hope Intuit doesn't think I am really going to leave or that might hurt my try out for the Champions program next year.

Anyway, everybody can go back to work now.  I'm really not upset but I don't want to be the black sheep of the group and not show the proper level of anger when a form isn't ready. 🐄 (since I couldn't find a sheep, I thought I would go with the next best barnyard animal).

Slava Ukraini!
9 Comments 9
PATAX
Level 15

No excuse why that form isn't ready yet. Many of us have clients that have installment sales since it is an excellent method to defer taxes and spread them out over a period of years. Come on Pro Series, I don't think this form has changed since last year, and I know you are better than this. Just my opinion.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"and I know you are better than this. Just my opinion"

That's your opinion but there are quite a few folks these days that would say they aren't better than this 😜

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man, I am trying to give them positive reinforcement to induce change. Sort of like when I trained Heidi. I took her to a dog training school, and they said you are supposed to reward the dog through positive reinforcement. I had to have Heidi drop out of school though, some of the other dogs were monsters, and I didn't want their bad habits to rub off on my Heidi Von Wolfshund.😉🐕

BobKamman
Level 15

That form is for installment sales.  It therefore is Intuit's policy to release it and others you need, in installments.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for clarifying that Bob. 

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

And I have had two returns put on hold in the last week because of form 2210 and I had to manually prepare two 7203s over the weekend.  Ok - I'm gone, this is the last you will ever see me here, Bye!

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

I changed by mind, I'm back. Did you miss me while I was gone?

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

OK I now have a farmer return that needs the 6252. (that won't be released until 3/3/22

I have an idea for a workaround, just wanted to ask for opinions on it's chances.

Enter the 6252 information, then override what ever forms is carry's to (in my case 4797 then schedule d)

Print the 6252 and enter on an IRS copy of the form.

Attach the new form as a PDF.

I don't have a completed return with signature yet, (and won't for about a week) just wondering if this idea has any possibility of working.

IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as the return comes out with the correct bottom line, I would say go for it.

Slava Ukraini!