Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA return 1099-RRB error when no RRB?

DeveraC
Level 3

I have an elderly client who has regular 1099-R forms and regular SSA benefits. When moving to the GA form, it moves over the taxable amount of the SSA benefits, but I'm getting an error stating the following: 

"We're still working on updates related to the Railroad Retirement Distribution Form that qualify for COVID or Disaster relief. You can keep working on this return and we'll remove this message when it's ready."

She has NO RRB income. I've gone back and verified all the entries of income on her federal return. Nothing is indicated as RRB. Is this a glitch in the GA software? We are in GA and I have not had this issue with any other clients. 

Things I have tried:

1. Updating the software (no updates.)

2. Deleting the GA return and starting over.

HELP!!!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Go back to your 1099R worksheet on the Federal and be sure you didnt accidently check the RRB box, You may want to delete that 1099R form and see if the error disappears then reenter it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers