Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 9465

MelanieR53
Level 3

Regarding electronically filing a 9465 with the return:

We filed a 9465 with our client's  return. The return was electronically filed. The 9465 was not accepted.

I spoke with the IRS Collections Dept, and was informed that the 9465 must be signed separately from the return itself, and that this was why it was not accepted. I had thought that if the client signs the 8879, that signature covers the 9465 as well as the return. The rep said that there is a way to electronically sign the 9465, but I'm not finding it. 

Any help or input on this? Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So the client got the letter from IRS denying the application?  or the client is getting a bill?   

The 9465 takes months and months to process when its sent with the return (in a regular year, who knows how long these days)...so if the client is getting a bill, that doesnt mean its been denied.

Have the client create an Online IRS account and send the installment application that way.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Even with an accepted 9465, the IRS will send a monthly bill that includes the entire tax liability. The monthly invoice will NOT show the monthly installment amount due.

Continue to pay the installment amount.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.