Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962 is not caculated

jabd19771
Level 2

Hello Community.

I work with Pro Series 2021 and the program is not calculating the excess of advance premium tax credit repayment on Schedule 2 and Form 8962 line 27 to 29. It happens with clients I transfer from 2020. 

If I file a new client, it calculates in the right way.

I really appreciate help in this issue, because I do not want to re enter over again the information of older clients.

Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jabd19771
Level 2

Hello Community.

I am glad I find the solution. The issue is that for a reason some clients we transfer from prior year does not have checked by default that they are not dependents of someone else (you can check it in Federal Information Worksheet Part X, "dependents of someone else question"). So If you don't check it, the program is not going to calculate the Repayment.

I am happy I solve the problem, thanks to the community and I hope this topic could help other users

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes bad things happen when you transfer clients too early with Intuit.  Try deleting a client that had it last year and then transfer it again to see it that is the issue.

Slava Ukraini!
jabd19771
Level 2

Thank you IronMan.

i already did it, but it didn’t work. It seems is happening because in 2020 the repayment was suspended, so it is bug that is affecting those clients’ data.

I don’t believe  it is just happening to me, because I guess most of Proseries’ users transfer data from prior years.

I contacted Proseries’ costumer services, but they did not figured out how to fix it. I hope it could be fix with the next update.

rbynaker
Level 13

I'd also try deleting the 8962 forms and 1095 worksheets after the transfer.  See if starting the process from scratch helps.  It's a pretty annoying work-around if it works (but slightly better than just being dead in the water).

0 Cheers
jabd19771
Level 2

Thanks rbynaker

I also tried it, but it did not work

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

@jabd19771 wrote:

I also tried it, but it did not work

Boo.  Well can't say we didn't try.  I'm out of ideas.  Sounds like you'll just have to wait for a patch. 😞

0 Cheers
jabd19771
Level 2

Hello Community.

I am glad I find the solution. The issue is that for a reason some clients we transfer from prior year does not have checked by default that they are not dependents of someone else (you can check it in Federal Information Worksheet Part X, "dependents of someone else question"). So If you don't check it, the program is not going to calculate the Repayment.

I am happy I solve the problem, thanks to the community and I hope this topic could help other users

rbynaker
Level 13

Bingo!  Thanks for coming back and posting the solution.

DAHTax
Level 2

This did NOT work for me.  I am on the phone with ProSeries Tech support right now.  They are giving excuses and no answers.  2 hours on the phone and NO where.  Line 28 is depended on Line 5.  So simple yet they are trying to tell me that I am "required" to complete form 8885.  And I am NOT. That is not applicable to this taxpayer.  HEY INTUIT, fix the issue and get us the patch!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DAHTax Just checking in, are you still experiencing this?  

0 Cheers
maggiemom
Level 1

The 8962 IS NOT working - 

0 Cheers