Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8915F

rcooley25
Level 11

Well folks we made it thru our first day with the infamous form 8915F. I did okay and I would expect while the first couple of tax returns might have been troublesome for some after that I would think it might have been a snap.

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Looks like theres a glitch with that 8915F and current 2021 year retirement distributions.  The current year distribution isnt transferring to the 5b taxable line, only the 8915F portion shows up. 

This can be a huge issue, so verify that the returns youve worked on are really correct.

IRAs on line 4b seem to work as intended, but Line 5b doesnt.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

interesting, are you saying the amount that transfers works as intended but if client took additional withdrawals in 2021 the software is not pulling those amounts?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Not good. They had a million years and still goofed it up. oh boy. 

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Mine works as intended.  The current year retirement from 401K populates and is added to the carryforward coronavirus retirement deferral.  The correct amount shows up on 5b.  I am not sure who is pulling your leg but what you say is not true Lisa. 

@Just-Lisa-Now- where are you showing this huge issue?  Can you show me how you duplicated it?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I saw someone else report this and when I tried it I saw the same thing...but I its operator error, Im putting the amount in the wrong place on the 8915E!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
its the 2021 disaster distribution that arent flowing properly...I was putting the 2020 Covid one in the wrong place!

Gawd its been a horrible day today. 😕

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

Good.  I thought my program was screwed up for doing it correctly.

ljr
Level 8

I'm doing something wrong too because it didn't flow over - sigh - maybe after more coffee I can figure it out 

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

ok - if you haven't done much work on the return and have transferred before the update - delete the file and retransfer - wow now it flows. 

jclark11
Level 3

So if I had a return with info almost done and waiting for the form it won't transfer. So I have to delete the file and start over. 

0 Cheers