Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8879-no ERO Signature

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

gbayus
Level 3

Intuit does not care what any of us say in this forum. Haven't for 10 years now.  ProSeries "Professional" has become Intuit's canned Quickbooks package. You get what we give you, take it or leave it.  It is such a simple task to simply make the preparer or firm name print on a form yet Intuit won't do it because they done't read or care about any of this.  Its a canned package, period.

I called technical support the other day (reluctantly) because a supporting statement wasn't printing. Realized it has never printed, I just didn't have the situation previously. The "Expert" Support Rep was clueless.....had some computer experience but no tax or accounting experience. They are just hired to pacify us and their Mo is that everything Intuit does is right and everything their customers think about the program is wrong....so they will help us with a solution that DOES NOT EXIST. We have become an extention of Turbo Tax Customers.

rm1993
Level 2

Following back up on this thread and it does not look like Intuit has actually fixed the problem. We were very frustrated as we bought the DocuSign but then were still having to download and sign manually. This week after hours wasted we found a workaround for the problem of the 8879 not having the name printed:

When you are in the eSignature dashboard you have the option of including "Other document for signature." We printed a blank page in a word document as a pdf document and labeled blank signature form. Browse and find where the document is saved on your computer and DocuSign will bring it in as a document to be signed. Rearrange the document order so it is the last document again as it is just a blank page. 

NOW THE DASHBOARD WILL ALLOW YOU TO GO INTO DOCUSIGN MANUALLY. You can then enter in the ERO name and date signed like a rubber stamp. Send the document for signature and now it will have the appropriate printed signatures.

This is not the ideal way of having to go about getting this signed, but Intuit is not fixing this issue. This is just a way of getting into the DocuSign program to print the ERO name manually before sending out. During tax season every hour counts and hoping this saves some of you some time if it works.

kdaglobal
Level 3

Agreed - correcting this basic item is completely a non-existent priority for them considering the age of this thread + the number of responses.

I tried PS e-Signature but didn't like the functionality, the way it confused clients and the "use it or lose it" buy feature since envelopes expire at the end of every year.

I used DocuSign integrated with SmartVault for a few years but found it expensive (even without having to pay monthly licensing fees since apparently that is a benefit of SV) and regularly had clients of all ages struggle with the challenge questions, particularly the college kids who didn't have a credit history.  Then they would have to wet sign anyway and reload to the portal - which was painful and would delay the process.

This season I switched to Encyro and though it is not integrated directly with PS or SV, it has made a WORLD of difference. MUCH less expensive--particularly on the KBAs--no "use it or lose it", verification by text, and clients are not struggling with it. I digitally sign it as well.  It's a small learning curve, but very very worth it for the cost savings and removing friction in the signature process with clients.

0 Cheers
kdaglobal
Level 3

0 Cheers