Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 7004 Entity Extension Errors

SL855
Level 3

Is anyone else getting errors when trying to file entity extensions this year? Every other year, all you had to do was click the box to efile an extension and freeze the amounts on Form 7004. Now it is giving a series of errors.

First it tells you that the number of employee W-2s must be entered.

After you do that, it gives an error that "S Corporation Information Worksheet: Filing Required Must be entered." On its own we had no idea what that means, but it seems to go away once you click the payroll filings like 941s that were filed.

Is this intentional or a bug? It's not a huge deal now that we've figured it out, but it does waste time and is not included in any of the instructions: https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/tax-extension/file-extensions-proseries/L6...

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

Yep, this issue has been pointed out, several times in the last few days.

Maybe search for those threads; I believe one provided a work-around.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just had to stick a number in for the "number of W2s" on teh Fed Info Worksheet and hit the Freeze box at the top of the 7004, and it EFiled no problem.  Oh maybe I did need to click that 941 or N/A boxes too.....it seemed moot for the purposes of the 7004.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AlbertPobirsky
Level 1

hello

Any recent update/correction on how to file extension without issue for partnership and s corp. We usually submit a batch file extension but this year having an issue unless we fill out add additional information needed. We are considering to print out each extension and mailing them in.

any advice would be big help

thank you

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I believe the numerous suggestions to 'resolve' is to just put a number, any number, where one is requested.

That shouldn't take nearly as much effort as as printing, mailing, documenting mailing, answering government inquiries down the road when *they* say the extension wasn't filed.

You could just wait to see if there's an update that fixes it this week...before the Friday deadline.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Someone also mentioned that they had luck by unchecking the box for e-filing the actual return.

Slava Ukraini!
14strings
Level 3

Yet another quality control issue with ProSeries. Putting a number in as a work around means you have to worry about putting the correct number in later.

dkh
Level 15

I have an SCorp with a Sched F..... besides the number of W2s, I had to but zero in all pink boxes on the Sched F before I could efile the extension.   Ridiculousness !!!

14strings
Level 3

a total joke....there are some nice things about ProSeries but seriously thinking of a switch to similarly priced Ultra Tax as soon as this nightmare is over