Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form 1310

corinnerichard
Level 3

Would appreciate some help on this form 1310.  Client died in 2022.  had a will & named his daughter as executor.   deceased has a refund coming.

The executor just gave me Letters of office -decedents estate naming the same daughter as independent executor since deceased house had to go thru probate. (which may or may not have any relevance to form 1310)_  Or should I ignore that and fill out part 

question is: on form 1310 should I check on part 1 b and just attach the court certificate that was dated 1-19-2023 as stating :the letters of office are now in force in the estate

or something else everytime I do this form client gets no refund for over 9 months going back and forth which boxes to mark

Thank you all for your help

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If she was court appointed, then youd mark it like this
1310courtappt.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you mark the boxes this way, you can EFile it....never had an issue with people not getting the refund.

1310eFILE2.png

corinnerichard
Level 3

Lisa,

Re:  your answer to form 1310 

I will not be efiling can you tell me about the steps for that.

Thank you so very much

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not sure why paper filing would be any different than EFiling. 

Mailing it in is a super long processing time and a human has to be involved, why arent you Efiling it?

taxes96786
Level 9

In addition you should have the daughter complete and send Form 56 to the IRS.

0 Cheers
corinnerichard
Level 3

Good Morning LIsa,

Thank you for replying to my request for filling out form 1310 for the deceased tax payer who has a will and named his daughter as executor. Then I found out that she has letters of office as an independent executor for his estate.  You replied back and it looks like you said under part 1 to check C and then part 2 under question 1 to check yes, question 2a check no, then question 2b also no and of course on question 3 it should be yes.  Reason I am asking again is my computer did not print out full answers that you emailed back to me. Thank you for your time again. It looks so simple maybe i am reading too much into it.  Have a great day!

corinnerichard
Level 3

Lisa.

Just wondering if you got a chance to reply to my message again with this form 1310.  

Thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Scroll up in this thread to my screen shot, I believe the answers you are inputting should be correct and allow for EFiling.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If she was court appointed, then youd mark it like this
1310courtappt.png

0 Cheers