Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fastest way to receive federal EIN

PATAX
Level 15

I have to file Federal Form SS4 for client next week after he gets LLC formation paperwork back from his attorney.  Business will start on January 1st 2025 . I haven't done one in a while, and the last time I think I faxed it to IRS and then got the Ein faxed back to me. But I thought I read on this forum that there may be issues with the fax machines. What is the fastest way to get an EIN? Fax, online, over the telephone, or snail mail. Client said he needs the Ein  asap for business paperwork. Thanks a million.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup, the IRS website will generate the EIN in 5 minutes or less - depending on how fast you read and type.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

just did one this morning.. took about 3 minutes 45 seconds

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN thanks Iron Man. I told him to have the attorney do it, but they said to have the accountant do it.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I can do it for $ 500.00.. send them my way

PATAX
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio thanks Jim. I was looking in another companys file to see if it was LLC or not, and I found the ss4 and Pa registration that I did many years ago, and I didn't even charge them $100. I'm not doing it for free anymore. Replacement pop bottles are not chump change.🤓🐕