Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERO MARKET ANALYSIS REPORT

OzNY
Level 3

Refund Advantage no longer offers this report. I went throught their website and called. Is there another way to get this information?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
OzNY
Level 3

I have been using Pro series since 2012 as well as offering the bank product to clients. Refund Advantage was the bank I had until 2017 or 2018. The report tells you the tax prep office name, address and number of returns. You can also go beyond your area. As far as I know, Santa Barbara does not offer this information. I have officered bank products since the 1990's.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
not many regulars in here use banking products, what does the ERO market analysis tell you?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
OzNY
Level 3

I have been using Pro series since 2012 as well as offering the bank product to clients. Refund Advantage was the bank I had until 2017 or 2018. The report tells you the tax prep office name, address and number of returns. You can also go beyond your area. As far as I know, Santa Barbara does not offer this information. I have officered bank products since the 1990's.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Refundo has a way to see how many returns were prepared per ERO sorted by zip code, fun to see where you stand compared to neighboring offices

2021 filing year
https://dashboard.refundo.com/2021/ext/?fbclid=IwAR1wqzXZGNt5rSVjYqjSaqEfhdKjRFBurMoK2trFCskcGsfzWbg...

2022 filing year
https://dashboard.refundo.com/2022/ext/?fbclid=IwAR1wqzXZGNt5rSVjYqjSaqEfhdKjRFBurMoK2trFCskcGsfzWbg...

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@Just-Lisa-Now- Have you seen a 2023 filing year link yet?  thanks

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You can just change the year i the web address  

https://dashboard.refundo.com/2023/ext/?fbclid=IwAR1wqzXZGNt5rSVjYqjSaqEfhdKjRFBurMoK2trFCskcGsfzWbg...

My count seems higher than I expected...so I'll need to check my PTIN acct when Im back in the office next week

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

My count seems higher than I expected...so I'll need to check my PTIN acct when Im back in the office next week

I *THINK* filing an extension counts as an additional.  So if you did the extension and the tax return, I think that counts as two.  Plus a rejection and a successful filing counts a two 'total'.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I did it.. I did more than the entire office of the green sign company (name left off of here on purpose).  I think for 2022 I was just a handful behind them in number 3.  This year I am in number 2. ahead of them.. the only one ahead of me is a big firm with multiple preparers.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I did very few extensions since CA has that automatic extended due date....I DID have lots of rejects for random junk (ACA, 1116B, finger flubbed W2EINs, etc) but they were all accepted later, so that may account for it...I thought I was only at 770, this shows 818, ohhh but 794 approved...so thats pretty close to my count....maybe Im off, I cant remember when I looked last, I havent been back in the office since the 19th.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I *THINK* this is for 2020 tax returns or 2021.

The 2023 link show it is data from 2022, and the just above the numbers is says "2021".  So if the data from mid-2022, then 2021 tax returns returns would not be done yet, so it would mean the 2021 "processing year" (which is primarily 2020 tax returns). 

And that might be ALL e-filed returns in the processing year.  In other words, it might include previous years that were e-filed during that year.

EDIT:  The 2022 link also shows "2021" just above the numbers, so I suspect the "2021" might be a typo on the 2023 link.

0 Cheers