Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of the Official Tax Season

rcooley25
Level 11

In 15 more days with the exception of extensions it will all be over for another year.

Regarding the problems with our clients being all screwed up I could not agree with you more.

We have discussed the problems with the new w4's being so difficult the the clients have filled them out wrong and very little if any federal income taxes are being withheld. You can blame the IRS or the employer for this but the final culprit is the taxpayer them silvers who should have realized something was wrong and did nothing to correct it.

Even though they have been instructed by us how to change this what do you want to bet they will not do this and next year they will have the same problem all over again.

4 Comments 4
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I will miss tax season.  I am all booked through the 18th and so far about 100 already extended.  I will focus a bit more on my company monthly accounts, my non-profits, and getting caught up on some administration tasks that have fallen a bit behind.  It will be strange though not working 13 hours a day and on the weekends.  Something about the whole tax season invigorates me 

rcooley25
Level 11

The Only thing I am going to miss about this tax season is those nice big bank deposit's that I make at the end of each day.

dascpa
Level 11

We're supposed to charge?  Well, darn.  When government came out and said free file I thought that meant we weren't suppose to.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's not over until I say it is over.  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Slava Ukraini!