Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-filing message

athaureaux6
Level 8

Hi online community, 

I was trying to file a return yesterday and I am receiving this message that says return failed the submissive validation step and I could not file it. What does that mean, I double checked everything and it seems to be ok with no errors. Does somebody know what it is that and how to solve it. Thank you. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
at what point does this occur? Can you Convert only, without transmitting?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Have you verified your PTIN - it's a new step this year.    Tools>Options>Firm/Preparer Info    look for pink colored check box near your PTIN#

athaureaux6
Level 8

Hi Lisa, Yes I can convert only. I did that but when I tried to transmit it, it says it appears you are trying to transmit a return that has already been transmitted. Like a duplicate social security, I have not called the taxpayer back to ask them if something happened, trying to figure out if there is a problem with the system. I have prepared returns after that problem and the software seems to be working just fine. Thank you. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If it tells you a return has already been transmitted, it could be that someone else (not you) using an Intuit product (even TurboTax) has filed a return for that SSN.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers