Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filing CA Amended Return for TY 2022: Error for Primary Signature?

JOFI
Level 7
Level 7

I am attempting to efile a California amended return for TY 2022 -- I e-filed the original return over a year ago.

While there are no errors showing on the Final Review for the return, I am continuing to receive an e-file reject with the following message:  "The California Amended return could not be processed electronically.  Data in the return is missing or invalid.  Please enter the primary's signature date."

Any ideas on how I can fix this?  Thx in advance!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You went to the PIN entry spot on the 540 also?  Its at the bottom of the CA efile Authentication Statement

caefpin.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If you have the correct "primary's signature date" entered, and still get a reject it may be easer to just mail in, as mail in only adds a few days to processing time

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That spot that you have to enter the signature PIN date on the EF Auth page is what needs to be updated to a current date.  Should have been updated on the Federal one too.  Thats the date they signed the 8879.

0 Cheers
JOFI
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, I updated the "Date PIN Entered" under the Practictioner PIN Program on the Info Worksheet to 08/08/24, and hence it shows the same on the EF Auth Statement.  The federal amended return went through fine, I just can't get the CA amended return to file.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You went to the PIN entry spot on the 540 also?  Its at the bottom of the CA efile Authentication Statement

caefpin.png

JOFI
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you -- that did the trick!

I don't quite understand why this is an issue for amended returns, but not the original returns -- I have never had to go to that CA Efile Auth page previously because it was always autofilled by the date included in the federal Efile Auth page.

Thanks again!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, you had to insert a date to EF the original, it was a red error that had to be filled in, it doesn't tag it as a red error on the amended, since it already has the original date inserted (its not a blank space)