Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date in MA & ME is 4/17. Why can't I file an 4868 extension request

MAER356
Level 2

Error message indicates can no longer file extensions.  Even though the due date is 4/17 this year.  How can I file an extension with a electronic payment?

Thank you

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
RamTest
Level 1

When you are ready to Efile, go to the EF center and highlight the extension to be filed.
Select Efile in the very top header, then Electronic Filing>Convert Transmit Returns/Extensions.
A window will pop up, select "Convert and Transmit selected returns", then UNCHECK "enable conversion error checking", and click OK.
That should file it.

Shame on ProSeries.  This happened a few years ago too.  Had to call a few times to find someone who could give me a solution.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
rbynaker
Level 13
0 Cheers
kim5
Level 1

What about C corporations? EFTPS doesn't work if they're a new company without a PIN number.

0 Cheers
Phild
Level 1

Is there an over ride solution 

0 Cheers
RamTest
Level 1

When you are ready to Efile, go to the EF center and highlight the extension to be filed.
Select Efile in the very top header, then Electronic Filing>Convert Transmit Returns/Extensions.
A window will pop up, select "Convert and Transmit selected returns", then UNCHECK "enable conversion error checking", and click OK.
That should file it.

Shame on ProSeries.  This happened a few years ago too.  Had to call a few times to find someone who could give me a solution.

Good Luck.

0 Cheers