Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashes

Ernie
Level 9

We are e-filing returns.  We are crashing 1 out of 7 returns.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Ernie
Level 9

@Orlando  we are crashing regularly.  We cannot enter anything the program just closes out on it's own.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

One of the "alerts" told you that you need to go to the "Start Menu" on your computer, and find ProSeries then "Repair Updates".

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I crashed this morning, ran the Repair updates like the alert said, and no more crashes!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ceciengcpasf
Level 3

Same thing here.  Now even starting a new file crashes the program.  We've had crashes when efiling, printing to pDF.  Our  luck is even worse than Las Vegas.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I suggest restarting your machine first, then go to the "Start Menu" on your computer, find ProSeries 2020 and then "Repair Updates".

For context

When we update, we potentially update 100s of files. Sometimes, that fails on certain machines because a file is still in use. Then you end up with 99 files that are current, and 1 that is old. Sometimes that results in crashes and/or weird behavior.   Restarting ensures nothing is locked, and Repair Updates refreshes each and every file to their latest version.

This has been a problem forever; we think we have a change in the update process that will significantly decrease the likelihood of this going forward.

fredr
Level 4

My program also crashes ( 6 times today) . I have done all the suggested fixes to no avail.

wes5
Level 2

My proseries is crashing all the time

and all the fixes that the techs have suggested do not work.

TAXOH
Level 11

Mine was crashing since the last update and the last time was yesterday morning and I did not try any of the fixes and just signed back into ProSeries and have not had any problems since then.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Now it's safe for you to buy that lottery ticket.

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

If I hit it big I can quit doing taxes!  😂

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah but what would you do with all that free time... Especially since you've been used to working non-stop...